Friday, August 30, 2013

Black and white cartoons are just as fun

When I was younger, one of my favorite shows from Cartoon Network was Late Night Black and White, a programing block dedicated to showing classic black and white cartoons. Black and white cartoons have always been a joy for me to watch because I think they are better than some of the earliest multicolored cartoons that both Disney and Warner Brothers made in the early 1930′s. For some reason, I never really like these early multicolored cartoons that much, though I do like the multicolored cartoons of the 1940′s that Disney and Warner Brothers made. In my opinion, classic black and white cartoons are just as fun watching as multicolored cartoons of today.
One of my favorite black and white carton shorts was Daffy Duckaroo!, which was interestingly enough made in 1942, and stars everybody’s favorite screwy duck, Daffy Duck (voiced by Mel Blanc who also did Bugs Bunny as well), as he heads west and gets into trouble with an Indian girl’s boyfriend for trying to woo her. Daffy (see picture below) is the quintessential trouble maker or money loving egomaniac we all love to laugh at.
Overall, classic black and white cartoons are just as fun to watch as the multicolored cartoons of today are. Daffy Duckaroo! is a fun cartoon, starring Daffy Duck, though the racial stereotyping of Native Americans or Indians in these early cartoon shorts, drag it down a bit. In the end, no matter what color medium (black/white vs. multiple colors) Daffy is portrayed in, he will always be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment